5/18/11

Parables

We talked about Parables at Youth Group a month or so ago and did an exercise of writing a "Modern Parable" that tells a truth about God. SO... I am going to post these parables here the next couple of weeks...

Parable 1 by Middle School Boys:

Journal Entry of a Middle School Student

I woke up this morning , 7 am is just too early, and got up to take a shower but the water wasn't hot enough because Mom was running the dishwasher. On my way to school I found a quarter in the street. I decided to pick it up, but it's just a quarter, I'll probably lose it anyway.

School was normal today, but lunch was horrible! Hamburgers again! I think I saw dust in mine! I did manage to get Gatorade, but I didn't finish it because I like orange, not purple.

On my way home I found a bunch of trash on the street. A random blanket, who loses a blanket? And a bunch of newspapers, which I had fun kicking around. They really need to clean up a bit around here!

I tried to do my homework tonight so I could watch Big Bang Theory, but a stupid storm came in and knocked out all of the power. Man my life stinks!


Journal Entry of a Homeless Man:

I woke up today feeling stuck to the bench I slept on last night. My stomach was growling and I found 1/2 a granola bar in my bag. This will have to do for now. Another guy told me about a place giving out free showers. I heard they are cold, but better than nothing! So I headed over to the showers.

On my way I saw a quarter on the street. This is awesome! I am 25 cents closer to food in my stomach! It must be my lucky day because I found a 1/2 bottle of Gatorade on the street! I drank it all and kept the bottle for water later.

My day turned a little when I realized I left my blanket at the bench that I had slept at. I guess I will be cold tonight. I did find some newspapers with some good coupons in it. And this will help for covering tonight too!

It's getting dark, so I better go. It sure seems like it is going to rain tonight. I hope it doesn't because I am outside, unprepared, without a blanket, all night. Now I'm going to be really cold, but at least I am alive!


Which one of these two is truly grateful for what they have?
Which one of these two do you relate to?

No comments: